Wednesday, August 05, 2009

8.4.09

I played for three and a half hours yesterday afternoon. It was like watching an old episode of Saved by the Bell. I would have rather been pulling out my eyelashes, one by one.

I lost, miserably. It was ugly. I did not get unlucky, unless being unlucky means bluffing off your stack with bottom pair and no draw. If that is so, then yes, I was unlucky.

I had a bit of a small argument, last evening, with the missus. I'm not sure if it was my last fictional writing that she may think was real, or if it has to do with the gift I received in the mail.

I received a good luck charm, a card protector. It's a porcelain pig, and it is supposed to be lucky. So, what's her issue? It was sent to me by a friend. If a male friend had sent it I'm sure there would be no issue. M, if you read this, and I'm not sure you do, I'm sorry for the mail man delivering it to our home. But, I'm keeping it.

I went back to play cards late last night right before closing. The games were wild. At one point this younger fella, who had won a bunch of chips, called another players all-in bet. The youngster then turned his cards face up to reveal one pair (middle pair) and a gut shot straight draw. His opponent tabled top pair. The youngster replied "I still have outs!! I can catch a bunch of cards to win!!"

This would be true except the river card has already been dealt. The hand was over.

How in the hell can I lose in a game like this?

Please, pokergods, let me catch a card or two. These clowns are dying to give away their cash.

It looks like heading out of town for a week or two is on the imminent horizon. Biloxi? Tunica? AC? Foxwoods? Upstate NY? Options abound....

Maybe I need to take a long ass road trip, hitting them all...

Late. Cods.

No comments:

Post a Comment