Monday, August 03, 2009

8.3.09

I was writing this big, long history of what happened to me today. I've decided to cut it back a bit. I'll tell you what happened. I met some interesting people.

I had a haircut, which resulted in redemption for a past stylist who in past visits was less than pleasing. She gave me a nice trim and an excellent scalp massage, and did it all without too much talk at a very reasonable price. It was as it should always be.

On the other hand I had some really poor service at our tire place. Seems like that on top of making you stand behind a giant counter, they also like to make you wait. It's like waiting for your car to be serviced is the same as bowing to the Gods. It's just expected. Funny thing was that I hadn't even told them what I needed done. They just never asked me if I needed help, and I was standing at the damn counter!! I just got back into my car and drove away. I don't know what else to do except complain. Those guys were busy, I suppose.

I met a guy at the poker room who thought he was a comedian. He had about a million one-liners, and they were funny. He made things mildly interesting, I suppose. What happened next is something I see all of the time. He lost a few hands and the jokes stopped. Now the one-liners were jabs of discontent at the way someone had played their inferior cards against his monster hands.

It's like Someone or Something has sent past models of myself to play against me at the poker tables. I can't believe how boorish I used to be.

I lost today. More specifically I lost tonight what I had won earlier this afternoon. I'll try to do better tomorrow. I'm getting interested in going out of town for a few days. I need to stretch my wings, so to speak. I am in a rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment