Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8.19.09

I hustled out the door and made a dash for the car. I was parked fairly close to the front door, but it was quite fitting that it was raining as I headed home. At least I wouldn't get drenched, but I felt like I probably deserved to. I had lost today, and did not make very much yesterday. I had also played in a tournament yesterday and had finished 5th. That sounds lovely unless you realize they paid only three spots. Still, even with all of this, and all of the rain, and the fact that my kids are still on summer break, and that my spouse despises me (sometimes), I still feel pretty good.

You see, I had played well since I had returned from my recent road trip. I think the reason for my feeling good must be because of HOW I played. It could not be because of how much I won, that much is certain. I haven't won shit in like over a week. I'm playing well, and I am confident that things will turn.

My upbeat feeling is probably also related to my being back home. Staying out on the road for longer than a few days gets a bit taxing on the familial relationships. Being home seems to help out more than just a little bit.

At least it's not raining that hard. I hop in the car and turn left, out of the parking lot, and start for the house. My windshield wipers really suck. They are streaking like a dirty newborn and I can't see much at all. I think I may need to change these bad boys out. The lady in the hybrid toyota in front of me needs to drive faster than 35 mph, this much I am sure.

At least with it raining I can put off mowing the lawn for one more day. It is looking ragged since it has not been mowed for almost two weeks. Michelle actually put down some sod while I was gone. Can you believe that? She is a good wife. She is a good mom. She is pretty and successful. Why, you may saying to yourself, is she with me? I have no clue, but I'm gonna roll with it and see what happens.

I wonder if the state of Florida is going to allow larger buy-ins for their poker games soon? If you don't know the max buy-in right now is $100. I need them to increase it soon. I don't want to HAVE to travel to make money. I still may WANT to travel once in a while, but I'd rather spend the majority of my time at home, with my family.

The rain has stopped. I've passed the slow woman. She was on her cell phone. Why wouldn't she be? I mean really, she looked like she could talk someones ear completely off their head. Blah blah blah blah, on and on and on.

I read a joke today. It goes like this:

I was walking through the cemetery this morning and saw a guy
crouching down behind a tombstone.

I said "morning."

He said, "No, just taking a shit."


That, my good friends, is funny stuff. Thank you, Laudadio, for sending me that joke. See, it's a pun, or something. Read it again if you did not find it funny, because you're not getting it. See, morning, mourning, it sounds the same, but has two distinct meanings. As does kneeling behind a tombstone. One could be taking a dump or in mourning. See? It's not just vulgarity, it's comedy.

Which reminds me of something else. I was talking to a waitress and she said she thought the movie "Funny People" was stupid and well, not funny. She doesn't get it. I am disappointed. I recommend this movie if you like to laugh at the funny shit that is right in front of your face. Even if you find out you are dying of cancer, the shit in front of your face is STILL FUNNY.

Laughing has to be better than crying. I laughed a lot today, and I liked it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are able to laugh. Laughing is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete