Monday, August 24, 2009

8.24.09

It's been a few days since I last checked in. Which is to say I haven't had much time to write. Which is to say I put it off a lot. Which is to say some things will never change. Which is to say I yam what I yam. Which is to say I am not perfect.

Friday was a decent day. I lost in the morning at the poker room. Which is to say I had a bad run of cards. Which is to say the donkeys made some hands. Which is to say poker and I did not see eye to eye at around 5 pm Friday evening.

But, poker is not the end all to beat all. Poker is but a small portion of my fun filled day. Which is to say I am married and with children. Which is to say my life consists of soccer games, sleepovers, and teen aged boys hanging around my house. Which is to say I am on the verge of grounding my oldest. Which is to say this is exactly what I wanted in life. I meant that last sentence. This is what it's all about.

It's odd that everyday life is so often looked down upon as though it were some monotonous mill job with a boss who hates smoke breaks. Everyday life should be viewed as a gift from God. Too often everyday life can be broken wide open by disasters of all sorts, both public and personal. Which is to say I rejoice in the boredom of it all. Which is to say I am content. Which is to say I like to have a few hops, in the evening following dinner, to celebrate my contentment.

Friday night was supposed to be an evening out for M and I. It was her birthday and I was looking forward to using this glorious day as an excuse to go out for a meal at someplace completely different. We did not make it. My daughter had her final test to be certified as a soccer referee. Which is to say she will see what it is like from the other side of things. Which is to say she has a rude awakening coming. Which is to say this is very good for her. Plus, she'll make some money as well. Which is to say dear old dad will be happy.

After I picked Myah up from her test, which I am proud to say she passed, I drove to a home poker game near my house. Which is to say I had to make some money after pissing it away earlier in the day. Which is to say I was grinding hard. Which is to say I was playing my "A" game. Which is to say they never had a chance. Which is to say I won. Which is to say I was content, again.

Saturday and Sunday were filled with family activities. Which is to say it was wonderful. On Saturday M and I went to Lowes. Which is to say I drove her to Lowes. Which is to say she is the woodworker of the house. Which is to say I am not. Which is to say she has her thing, and I have mine. Which is to say my thing involves hi- def television. Saturday was a good day.

Sunday was actually a bit different. Which is to say it was out of the ordinary. Which is to say it was fun and exciting. We had a Fantasy Football draft. The people in the league are all family members. Which is to say it is for fun. Which is to say I am looking forward to it. Which is to say I am the favorite to win. Which is to say I like to talk shit. Which is to say my family wants to beat me into submission. Seriously though, I'm going to win. My wife has a team for Christ's sake.

Today was fun at the poker room. I had a wonderful day. Which is to say I made enough money to gain personal satisfaction with the entire experience. Which is to say I played well. Which is to say I was on my game. I really want it to last. I'm going to figure out how to bottle my play, someday, and make a million dollars. Which is to say people would pay a lot of money to feel like I feel right now. Which is to say I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment